- the ASX update after 8.00 p.m. AEDT; and
- the US market update after 11.00 a.m. AEDT.
December 5, 2003
The intermediate trend is uncertain. A fall below 9600 will complete a double top reversal.
The primary trend is up. A fall below support at 9000 will signal reversal.
The intermediate trend is uncertain. A fall below 1880 will complete a double top reversal.
The primary trend is up. A fall below support at 1640 will signal reversal.
The intermediate trend is uncertain. The index is likely to re-test support at 1035 (as well as the supporting trendline).
Short-term: Bullish if the S&P500 is above resistance at 1070. Bearish below 1064 (Thursday's low).
Intermediate: Bullish above 1070.
Long-term: Bullish above 960.
Intel reports wireless chipset sales below expectations. (more)
57,000 non-farm jobs were added in November, compared to 137,000 in October. (more)
The yield on 10-year treasury notes gapped down to 4.21%.
The intermediate down-trend is weak..
The primary trend is up.
US stocks are now loaded on the server.
We will release a new version of Incredible Charts, with a revised menu structure, on Sunday.
New York (13.30): Spot gold closed the week up at $406.00 after another test of the new 400 support level.
The intermediate trend is up.
The primary trend is up. Expect support at 400, resistance at 415.
Short-term: Bullish above 3212, the November 12 low. Bearish below 3173 (Monday's low).
Intermediate term: Bullish above 3212. Bearish below 3160.
Long-term: Bearish below 3160.
The 11 sectors (10 + Property) are in various market stages. Relative Strength (xjo) measures the performance of each sector relative to the overall index.
- Energy [XEJ] - stage 2 (RS is rising)
- Materials [XMJ] - stage 2 (RS is falling)
- Industrials [XNJ] - stage 2 (RS is rising)
- Consumer Discretionary [XDJ] - stage 2 (RS is falling)
- Consumer Staples [XSJ] - stage 1 (RS is rising)
- Health Care [XHJ] - stage 2 (RS is level)
- Property Trusts [XPJ] - stage 3 (RS is rising).
- Financial excl. Property [XXJ] - stage 4** (RS is falling)
- Information Technology [XIJ] - stage 2 (RS is rising)
- Telecom Services [XTJ] - stage 2 (RS is falling)
- Utilities [XUJ] - stage 3 (RS is level)
A stock screen of the ASX 200 using % Price Move (1 month: +5%) increased to 24 stocks (compared to 131 on April 11, 2003; and 8 on March 14, 2003). Prominent sectors are:
- Real Estate Investment Trusts (9)
- Diversified Commercial (3)
Stocks analyzed during the week were:
- Commonwealth Bank - CBA
- National Australia Bank - NAB
- Westpac - WBC
- Gunns - GNS
- St George Bank - SGB
- Challenger - CFG
- Brambles - BIL
~ Winston Churchill
A collection of the most highly-rated posts since the start of the Forum.
Thanks to Mosaic for coming up with the idea and providing the initial list.
And thanks to all contributors.
You can now view back issues at the Daily Trading Diary Archives.