ETOs and warrants are ready and will be introduced next week.
US stocks will follow.
October 3, 2003
The intermediate trend is down. A rise above 9686 will signal reversal.
The primary trend is up. A fall below 9000 will signal reversal.
The intermediate trend is down. A rise above 1914 will signal reversal.
The primary trend is up. A fall below 1640 will signal reversal.
The intermediate trend is weak. A rise above 1040 will signal resumption of the up-trend.
The primary trend is up. A fall below 960 will signal reversal.
Short-term: Bullish if the S&P500 is above 1020. Bearish below 990.
Intermediate: Bullish above 1040.
Long-term: Bullish above 960.
Non-farm jobs grew by 57,000 in September. The first rise in 8 months. (more)
The yield on 10-year treasury jumped sharply to 4.20%, after testing support at 4.00%.
The intermediate down-trend appears weak.
The primary trend is up.
New York (13.30): Spot gold fell sharply to close at $368.70.
The intermediate trend has turned down.
The primary trend is up. A fall below 350 will signal reversal.
The target for the symmetrical triangle is calculated as 426 (365 + 382 - 321), but expect heavy resistance between 400 and 415 (the 10-year high).
The primary trend is up. A fall below 3000 will signal reversal.
MACD (26,12,9) is below its signal line; Slow Stochastic (20,3,3) has crossed to above; Twiggs Money Flow signals distribution.
The monthly Coppock Indicator continues to rise below zero, signaling a bull market.
Short-term: Bullish if the All Ords is above 3250. Bearish below 3160.
Intermediate: Bullish above 3250.
Long-term: Bullish above 3000.
Changes are highlighted in bold.
- Energy [XEJ] - stage 2 (RS is rising).
- Materials [XMJ] - stage 2 (RS is rising)
- Industrials [XNJ] - stage 1 (RS is level)
- Consumer Discretionary [XDJ] - stage 2 (RS is rising)
- Consumer Staples [XSJ] - stage 1 (RS is falling)
- Health Care [XHJ] - stage 2 (RS is rising)
- Property Trusts [XPJ] - stage 3 (RS is falling)
- Financial excl. Property [XXJ] - stage 2 (RS is level)
- Information Technology [XIJ] - stage 2 (RS is rising)
- Telecom Services [XTJ] - stage 2 (RS is rising).
- Utilities [XUJ] - stage 3 (RS is falling)
A stock screen of the ASX 200 using % Price Move (1 month: +5%) has fallen to 32 stocks (compared to 131 on April 11, 2003; and 8 on March 14, 2003).
- Gold (5)
- Diversified Metals & Mining (3)
- Oil & Gas Exploration & Production (3)
- Casinos & Gaming (3)
Stocks analyzed during the week were:
- Telstra - TLS
- Aristocrat - ALL
- CSL Limited - CSL
- Newscorp - NCP
- Spotless - SPT
- Foodland - FOA
- Woolworths - WOW
- Consolidated Minerals - CSM
- Primelife - PLF
- Skilled Engineering - SKE
- the experiential, or that which happens to us;
the creative, or that which we bring into existence;
and the attitudinal, or our response in difficult circumstances ....
My own experience with people confirms the point that Frankl makes
- that the highest of the three values is attitudinal ....
In other words, what matters most is how we respond to what we experience in life.
~ Steven Covey: The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People.
and the Daily Trading Diary (click here for a free sample).
You can now view back issues at the Daily Trading Diary Archives.